This article will address all of your concerns about your premium status and the new MR Comics Membership.
1. Is Premium different from MR Comics Membership?
Yes, the Premium is different from our new MR Comics Membership.
Premium was a one-time payment that offers the following features on the app platform you purchased:
- Unlimited downloads in the app
- Ad-removal in the app
- Auto-download new chapters from the Favorites tab
MR Comics Membership is a monthly subscription that offers you the following features across the platforms (website, iOS app, Android app):
- Automatic Data Sync for your reading data across all platforms and devices
- Ad-removal across all platforms and devices
- Unlimited downloads across app platforms
- Auto-download new chapters from your Favorites across app platforms
2. What happens to my premium status?
You continue to keep your premium features forever, with or without the membership.
If you take the offer, become a member and then cancel your membership, you will still keep your premium status.
3. Why am I seeing ads about the MR Comics Membership?
They are prompts about our exclusive offers to premium users. As a premium user, you will get 3 months free of using the MR Comics Membership. You can cancel your membership anytime without getting charged in the first 3 months.
We understand that the offer prompt is intrusive to some users, and we are making it dismissible in the next update.
4. The membership is too expensive!
The membership is the foundation for more features and more official content in the near future. We are working with many authors and publishers across the world to bring you more diverse content.
5. I am a premium user but do not see the 3-month offer.
We are rolling out the offer in phases. You should see the offer in the next couple of days.
6. What happens to the recent manga sync?
Over the years, we have been receiving many feedback on the feature. It didn't work very well.
The Other Devices tab showed you the last chapter you read on other devices, but the reading progress (read/unread status) of the series was not actually synced on the device you were using. Also, it was buggy and showed random manga in the tab, which sometimes freaked us out because we thought someone was using our account. And we could not remove manga appearing in this tab.
We decided to upgrade the infrastructure to support simultaneous data sync across platforms and it was very expensive. The new Data sync feature, included in the membership, automatically syncs your account data (favorites, recents, reading progress, setting preferences) across devices and platforms. Learn more